A humorous look at one woman's attempt to renovate the Family's Beach House !

Friday, June 25, 2010

OK this one .. not so much fun!


Remember my young neighbor who loves heavy equipment?? He had a little spare time yesterday and asked if I had a project. After going over numerous options, he liked the one where we get to rent a jackhammer. The entryway had a huge crack in it and I thought a simple fix would be to lay pavers there. Ramey assured me he had experience with this, so we planned for an afternoon of work. For some reason, my projects always have a certain element of surprise. Who would have thought the 6" slab would have wire reinforcement running all through it.

(Sidebar .... I have witnessed Bob doing this on several occasions, however that little nugget was buried deep in my subconscious )

This was a LOT bigger deal than I expected. As you can see here, my job was to pick up the pieces and wheel them down to the dock where I am now building a nice little sea wall! Do I need to mention it is 95 deg. and sunny here? Day 2 ... and Ramey rounded up 3 of his buddies for additional help. (I guess a 17 year old doesn't exactly look at me as the kind of help he needed!!!!)
If I ever finish, I will post pictures!

2 comments:

NIcole Erickson said...

I don't remember this project on the list!! Looks like a bit of work! So glad you have a partner in crime there. Can't wait to see the place!

NIcole Erickson said...

Layne says, "Where's Mai Tai?"