Every time someone visits, we drag out the crab trap. Yes we know we will never catch enough to make that "warm crab dip" recipe ... but it's so entertaining!! When the grandkids visited, Landen and I went up to Half Hitch Tackle and for $6.99 bought the best item of the season. Now thinking like a 4 1/2 (he will always tell you about the 1/2) year old... I can not even begin to imagine what he pictured when I said we had to stop and get "chicken legs" !!
Luckily Uncle Sean was due to arrive that night so we had him rig it up the next morning. You will not believe the anticipation as they waited on the dock to see what would make it into that trap. It did not take long to hoist up an nice blue claw ..... with only one unforeseen problem. As they were holding the trap over the dock with everyone trying to get a better look ... the little guy wiggles out the side!!!
To describe the next 10 seconds ... would not do it justice!! As it took off at high speed, it ran right between Abbey's feet, Landen tried to climb the dock poll and Layne stood riveted in her spot not knowing she was supposed to be scared!!!
I must say it is always entertaining!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment